PreSENTIA hereditary BRCA1 / BRCA2 cancer panel tests for numerous germline mutations that could cause specific cancers in the future. Identifying germline mutations associated with cancer susceptibility empowers healthcare providers and patients, as it allows them to take better and more informed decisions.
Who is this test for?
According to genetic testing guidelines, people who might benefit from genetic testing for hereditary cancers caused by mutations in the BRCA1/BRCA2 genes are those that have:
• Several family members in the same side of the family with cancer
• Family members with early cancer onset
• Family members with rare cancer types
• A family member with multiple cancers
• A family member that has been diagnosed with a germline mutation associated with cancer susceptibility
• Personal history of previous malignancies
How many genes are tested in this panel?
How many hereditary cancer syndromes are associated with this panel?
1 Hereditary cancer syndrome is associated with this panel. This is:
• Hereditary breast & ovarian cancer syndrome (BRCA1, BRCA2)